Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm in love with Morgan

Have you ever held a Morgan silver dollar in your hand?  It is probably the most beautiful coin that these great United States ever minted.  Its beauty is in that its not too extravagant yet at the same time its far from plain and simple.  The peace dollar is pretty as well but shadows in comparison to a Morgan.  The peace dollar has too much going on where as the Morgan simply features a beautifully detailed bust of lady liberty on the obverse and the eagle with the arrows and olive branches on the reverse.  When did I become a numismatist?  Well just recently.  I like any other 21 year old kid liked to spend money when I was out with friends.  I would put it into my savings account only to transfer it to my checking account later on.  Well I began looking for a solution to this problem and came across silver.  After doing weeks of research I decided that silver wasn't a safe bet but a sure one.  I really liked the 90% silver coins minted  by the U.S. mint prior to 1965 so i wound up buying them, especially the Morgan silver dollars.  By the way, when I started buying silver it was only 22 dollars an ounce and that was about 4 months ago, now it has doubled thus doubling my original investment.  I still continue to buy silver and will continue to buy silver until that time comes that it will prove wise for me to sell. I also own a little gold and I want to get a hold of some platinum and palladium.  Do you think owning precious metals is a wise decision or a foolish one?  Tell me what you think with a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment